Born Philadelphia, PA. 1949. Member NJ and PA State, Federal and Local Bar Associations. Inducted as Member of The American College of Trial Lawyers (ACTL) 2004. Vice President of American College Trial Lawyers New Jersey State Committee. Former Trustee, Camden County Bar Association. Member of the Personal Injury Committee and Public Education Committee; Former Member Board of American Trial Lawyers of New Jersey. Diplomat of the American Board of Trial Advocacy. Lecturer in Law at Temple University 1977-1982. Guest Lecturer, Rutgers University; New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education; St. Joseph’s Prep School, Philadelphia Alumni Chair of Lawyers Committee 1996-98, Member Association of Interstate Trucking Lawyers Of America; “Top 100 Trial Lawyers”, recognized by The American Trial Lawyers Association; Married 40 years to Carolann, Kindergarten Teacher, NJ. Two Children, Audrey and Ted.
Frank specializes in the jury trials of civil cases and is considered by his peers to be a master at his craft. His practice has been focused for several decades on representing individuals who have suffered death or life-changing injuries from medical or drug errors, defective products or crashes of trucks, boats, cars and aircraft.
His experience and success at jury trials has, in recent years, led him to represent and try cases for defendants in death and property damage matters from environmental causes as well as property damage from alleged toxic substance exposure arising from contamination.
Frank has also represented defense clients in products liability and legal malpractice where a trial involves claims of such significance that they amount to a bet the company on the outcome of the litigation. In these potentially catastrophic situations for businesses, Frank is the go-to guy when the case actually needs to be tried before a jury and the alternatives to success at trial are dire for the company involved.
Frank was inducted as a member of the American College of Trial Lawyers in 2004 and currently is serving as the Chairman for the New Jersey Chapter of the College. Admission to The College, a national organization is by invitation only. Membership is limited to 1% of the lawyers in any state. Invitation to membership is extended only to those lawyers recognized as outstanding by their peers in the actual trial of jury cases.
Frank has also been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” in the New Jersey monthly magazine from the time the magazine began these ratings in 2004 through present. Frank has also been named by South Jersey Magazine in their annual “Awesome Attorney” edition, again, from 2004 through present.
In 2009 Frank was named as “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” by the American Trial Lawyers Association. This organization is specifically focused on legal representation in commercial vehicle/truck collisions and catastrophes.
Frank brings not only legal skills, but the empathy, compassion and wisdom required to help families and/or companies in dealing with catastrophic situations. Frank volunteered for no fee to represent the families of two of the pilots who perished in the 9-11 terror attack. Frank always places his client’s best interests first and foremost as he focuses on achieving results that will be best for the individual needs of the client or company.
Frank is a recognized advocate. He was lead counsel for the defense in multiple deaths of a New Jersey Turnpike trucking accident catastrophe in Cherry Hill. Frank was appointed by the court as lead counsel for all plaintiffs in the truck/crash worthiness case of the bus tragedy.
Frank has represented individuals injured or wrongfully killed in a wide variety of circumstances, including as recent examples:
- Confidential seven-figure settlement for survivors of a man whose cancer death Mr. Allen was able to trace back to a doctor’s failure to diagnose a predecessor disease, Hepatitis C, years earlier.
- Confidential seven-figure settlement for survivors of a man fatally injured when his UTV/ATV utility vehicle ran him over without witnesses, where Mr. Allen was able to identify and demonstrate design defect in throttle cable system.
- Legal malpractice from one car accident ($360,000)
- Drug cases against a Japanese manufacturer involving tainted L-tryptophane ($2 million)
- A utility worker injured due to a defective bracket ($3.5 million)
- 20 year old who at age 18 months choked on a toy and as an adult became schizophrenic ($3.9 million)
- A welder injured by a defective storage box ($5.5 million)
- General aviation (small plane) and jet crashes (multiple million dollar recoveries)
- Nursing home/assisted living facility resident scalded from burns ($4.1 million)
- Jogger who was struck and killed by passing truck, where there were no witnesses ($2.9 million)
- Refinery worker suffocates in confined space ($6.5 million)
- Auto/truck collision, father killed/mother brain injury ($7.2 million)
- Automobile and truck collisions involving complex reconstruction accident investigations with successful recoveries in the millions of dollars
- Medical malpractice for a botched face lift ($20 million)
- Represented, as a volunteer, the families of two United Airline pilots, one on Flight 93 and the other on Flight 175, in litigation following 9/11
Frank has tried cases in the Federal and State courts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania. While his practice focuses on representing families in tragic situations, he continues to do defense work for select corporate clients. In addition to multiple million dollar plaintiffs’ verdicts, he has tried to successful verdicts defense of commercial and environmental cases. Frank received an AV peer rating from Martindale – Hubbell.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Chair of The American College of Trial Lawyers, New Jersey Committee
Awards and Recognition
- Professional Lawyer of the Year Award from New Jersey Bar Association
- “When Crime Pays: South Jersey Lawyers Step Into the National Spotlight,” South Jersey Business & Fine Living, July 2004
- “Federal Jury Awards $20 Million For Disfiguring Infection After Facelift,” New Jersey Law Journal, December 15, 2003
- “Pair awarded $20 million after a disfiguring face-lift,” The Philadelphia Inquirer, December 10, 2003
- “Top 20 Personal Injury Awards of the Year – $3.2M for Boating Accident,” New Jersey Law Journal, September 16, 2002
- “Top 20 Personal Injury Awards of the Year – $7.1M Settlement of Suit Over Fatal Crash,” New Jersey Law Journal, September 16, 2002
- Named to New Jersey Super Lawyers list for Personal Injury General Plaintiff Litigation (2005-2021)
- Named as “Awesome Attorney” by SJ Magazine, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. 2014
- “Top 100 Trial Lawyers,” recognized by The American Trial Lawyers Association
- Named as “Top Attorney” by SJ Magazine, 2014, 2019
- Received highest possible rating in both Legal Ability and Ethical Standards by AV Preeminent
- Named “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” by the National Trial Lawyers, 2014
Articles and Presentations
- Civil Trial Advocacy Summer Institute, 7/11/16, 7/12/16 (provided by American College of Trial Lawyers and NJICLE)