Ed is a member of Archer’s Business Litigation Group and serves as Assistant General Counsel to the firm. Representing a diverse client base, Ed litigates and resolves contractual disputes of all sizes and levels of complexity.
Ed has extensive experience with Commercial Collections and Consumer Litigation. He represents both creditors and debtors in litigation involving complex payment disputes, including cases in the following areas: accounts receivable, commissions, conversion, construction liens, bond claims, liquidated damages, credit applications, personal guaranty and individual liability issues, replevin, equipment leases, enforcement of foreign judgments, promissory notes, real estate and mortgage fraud, RICO, fraudulent transfers, mechanic’s liens, wage garnishments, bank levies, post-judgment execution, and Uniform Commercial Code issues.
Ed has litigated in a variety of other contexts and industries, including defense of professional malpractice actions, fee arbitrations and mediations, automobile lemon law claims, breach of express and implied warranties, Magnuson-Moss Act, motor vehicle sales and repair issues, service contracts, New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, identity theft, commercial and general liability insurance policies, insurance coverage and agency law, construction defect and material supplier issues and home improvement contractors.
As a founding member of Archer’s Trade Secret Protection and Non-Compete Group, Ed has both prosecuted and defended claims involving the following issues: restrictive employment covenants, duty of loyalty, inevitable disclosure of proprietary business information, non-solicitation of customers, anti-piracy of employees, unfair competition, Uniform Trade Secrets Act, tortious interference with prospective economic advantage, misappropriation, absolute litigation privilege, computer fraud and abuse, and the New Jersey Computer Related Offenses Act. He has represented both employees and employers seeking injunctive and monetary relief in a wide variety of contexts, including sales representatives, accountants, engineers, software developers, insurance agents, information technology, landscape design, marketing, management, and various other professions.
- Successfully obtained hundreds of judgments and often collecting the full amount, including use of post-judgment discovery, information subpoenas, and similar execution methods to obtain payment.
- Defended restrictive employment covenant cases in which temporary restraints were successfully lifted paving the way for a favorable settlement prior to trial.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended duty of loyalty cases in which temporary restraining orders were sought against employees who have entered into contracts with their former employer’s largest customers.
- Successfully defended automobile warranty claims, motor vehicle lemon law, and consumer fraud cases in nearly every county in the State of New Jersey.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- Gloucester County Chamber of Commerce
- Contributor to Moot Courtroom, Rutgers University School of Law – Camden
- Active participant in numerous charity 5k races
Articles and Presentations
- D.I.Y. Collections – Take Advantage of Small Claims Court, The Chamber Collection (July 2009)
- Enforcement of Red Flags Rules to Combat Identity Theft, Archer Client Advisory (April and September 2009)