Dan DeFiglio concentrates his practice in the area of commercial and complex civil litigation in state and federal courts in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan clerked for the Hon. Jack M. Sabatino, Presiding Judge, N.J. Superior Court, Appellate Division. Additionally, during law school, Dan worked as a legal extern for the Hon. Theodore A. McKee, Chief Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and interned for the Hon. Noel L. Hillman, U.S.D.J., U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
- Represented/counseled accounting firm in a data breach involving more than 3000 individuals in over 15 states; prepared and coordinated breach notification and analyzed computer forensics
- Counseled non-profit organization in ransomware attack affecting more than 1500 residents; prepared and coordinated breach notification and analyzed computer forensics.
- Represented nationwide company in phishing attack affecting more than 150 employees; prepared and coordinated breach notification and analyzed computer forensics.
- Advised a private company in brute force cyberattack potentially affecting thousands of customers; coordinated and analyzed computer forensics.
- Counseled private company in employment matter involving the alleged conversion of nearly 4TB of confidential information; coordinated and analyzed computer forensics.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Camden County Bar Association (Trustee)
- KIPP Camden Schools (Young Professionals Board)
Articles and Presentations
- William E. Viss. & Daniel J. DeFiglio, Digital Advancements Challenge Copyright Protections, N.J. Law. J., Sept. 26, 2013, http://www.njlawjournal.com/id=1202620971123/Digital-Advancements-Challenge-Copyright-Protections-?slreturn=20150905163615.
- Daniel J. DeFiglio, Constitutional Interpretation – California home rule provision exempts California charter cities from payment of the prevailing wage to private construction workers, 67 Rutgers L. Rev. __ (2015).