Mr. Stueben has a diverse practice litigating complex contract claims, employment disputes, corporate bankruptcy issues, and white collar criminal defense matters. Mr. Stueben represents corporate clients in all stages of the litigation process, with experience drafting pleadings and written discovery, drafting dispositive and non-dispositive motions, reviewing and producing documents, oral argument, and negotiating settlements. Mr. Stueben concentrates his practice in New York and New Jersey, in their respective federal and state courts.
Mr. Stueben is also a member of Archer’s Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Group, an interdisciplinary group that provides counseling, training, and litigation-related assistance to companies on a full range of information management and e-discovery matters.
After graduating law school, Mr. Stueben clerked for the Honorable Kenneth S. Levy, Presiding Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey, Chancery Division, General Equity Part. While in law school, he interned for the Honorable Paul A. Crotty, District Judge, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. He was the Notes and Articles editor for the Fordham Law Review, and his Law Review Note was cited by nine federal courts. He was the recipient of the Archibald R. Murray Public Service Award, and was named to the Dean’s List for 2009-2011.
- Obtained a $29 million arbitration award for a major shoe manufacturer in a breach of contract action pertaining to an exclusive license agreement.
- Achieved the reversal of a dismissal with prejudice, reinstating a hedge fund’s loan enforcement action that had been dismissed for nearly a year, and successfully limited defendants’ awarded attorneys’ fees.
- Currently defending a major generic drug manufacturer in an action seeking more than $20 million allegedly owed under a profit share agreement.
- Successfully defeated a temporary and preliminary injunction application, and eventually obtained a favorable settlement for a marine pollution insurance company in a bet-the-company action brought by a marine pollution insurance syndicate.
- Represented major printing manufacturer in a breach of contract, fraud, and false imprisonment action.
- Obtained dissolution of restraining notice issued to general construction contractor, and obtained dismissal of the action.
- Represented a major telecommunications company in the successful prosecution of a series of property damage actions against a major utility company.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Essex County Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
Articles and Presentations
- Speaker, “Hot Topics and Recent Developments in Case Law and Legislation,” Gibbons First Annual Real Property & Environmental Conference, Newark, NJ (2015)