Mr. Heuisler’s practice focuses on commercial disputes, estate litigation, real estate litigation, and appellate practice. He is a member of the firm’s commercial litigation group, and estate litigation group and has numerous reported appellate opinions.
Mr. Heuisler has also served, for many years, as corporate counsel to Symphony in C based in Camden, New Jersey. He acted as counsel during the transition of that organization from a community orchestra (Haddonfield Symphony) to one of three acclaimed teaching orchestras in the United States. He helped guide the organization through a transition not only in its mission but its relocation to the City of Camden.
Mr. Heuisler is also active with the organized Bar. He has been a member of the Camden County Bar Association since his admission to practice and served as President of that organization in 1985-1986. He has also served as trustee from Camden County with the New Jersey State Bar Association from 1989 to 1993 and as Camden County’s Trustee to the New Jersey State Bar Foundation. He is a member of and formerly chaired the Equity Jurisprudence section of the New Jersey State Bar Association as well as the Amicus Committee of that organization. He was also a founding committee member of the New Jersey State Bar Association’s Lawyer Assistance Committee.
Mr. Heuisler is a certified civil trial attorney as designated by the Supreme Court of New Jersey Board on trial attorney certification. He has served as secretary to the District IV Ethics Committee from 1975 to 1980 and thereafter as a member of that committee from 1983 through 1986.
- Lisa Paige Helmkamp Hobyak v. Michael Scott Hobyak, et al. (Appellate Division 2015), October 15, 2015 (2015 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 2376)
- The City of Gloucester City v. Beazer Homes Corporation, (Appellate Division 2014), January 23, 2014 (2014 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 126)
- Lisa Paige Helmkamp Hobyak v. Michael Scott Hobyak, et al. (Appellate Division 2012), September 25, 2012 (2012 N.J. Super. Unpub. LEXIS 2183, certif. denied, 213 N.J. 57 (2013)
- Vincent Sabatini and Clare Sabatini v. Charles Sabatini (Appellate Division 2008), March 18, 2008 (2008 N.J. Super Unpub. LEXIS 2384)
- Angela D. Dalrymple v. A&L, L.L.C, (Appellate Division 2007), July 9, 2007
- Groen, Laveson, Goldberg & Rubenstone v. Mark S. Kancher et al, 362 N.J. Super 350 (App. Div. 2003)
- In the Matter of Henrietta Neufeld Cohen (Appellate Division 2002), October 9, 2002
- Cider Press Homeowners Association, Inc. v. Congress Title Division, FNTIC., et al. (Appellate Division 2002), May 13, 2002
- In the Matter of Henrietta Neufeld Cohen, 335 N.J. Super 13 (App. Div. 2000) certif. denied 167 N.J. 632 (2001).
- Joan D. Grassano v. James E. Panny, Esquire, et al. (App. Div. 1996); December 13, 1996
- Matter of Terminated Aetna Agents, 248 N.J. Super. 255 (App. Div. 1990)
- Camden Iron & Metal, Inc. v. Bomar Resources, Inc., 719 F. Supp. 297 (D.N.J. 1989)
- Melikian v. Corradetti, 791 F. 2d 274 (3rd Cir. 1986)
- Society of the Divine Savior v. Diocese of Camden, 88 N.J 571, (1982)
- Roehrs v. Lees, 178 N.J. Super. 399 (App. Div. 1981)
- Insurance Company of North America v. Heritage Bank, 595 F. 2d 171 (3rd Cir. 1979)
- Hoke v. Pioneer State Bank, 167 N.J. Super 410 (App. Div. 1979)
- Stewart v. Sbarro, 142 N.J. Super. 581 (App. Div. 1976)
Professional And Community Involvement
- Member of the American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Camden County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Counsel to Symphony In C, Camden, NJ
- Member and Past President of the Rotary Club of Camden, NJ
Awards And Recognition
- Peter J. Devine Award by Camden County Bar Association 1991
- Distinguished Legislative Service Award from NJSBA 2007
- Elected a “Fellow of the American Bar Foundation”
- Named as “Super Lawyer” by New Jersey Monthly Magazine, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Presenter on the subject of Chancery Practice in the New Jersey Practice Course at Rutgers Law School in Camden
- Panelist at NJSBA Program on Equity Jurisprudence Developments and Trends – Dublin, Ireland – November 2011