Bryan concentrates his practice on corporate bankruptcy and business reorganization and liquidation matters. He also focuses on fiduciary and insolvency litigation in bankruptcy court and federal district court. Bryan has nearly 10 years of experience representing a wide range of clients, including Chapter 11 debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, official committees, Chapter 7 trustees, liquidating trustees, contract counterparties, and many other parties in Delaware, New York, and other jurisdictions. He has diverse industry experience, including retail, manufacturing, financial services, and oil and gas, among others.
Prior to entering practice, Bryan clerked for the Honorable Alan S. Trust of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York.
- Hampshire Group, Ltd. – Served as lead counsel to clothing manufacturers as Chapter 11 debtors-in-possession, including running a 363 sale and successfully confirming a liquidating plan.
- Furniture Brands International, Inc. (FBI Wind Down, Inc.) – Counsel to the creditors’ committee and liquidating trustee in a furniture manufacturing and retail case.
- Live Well Financial, Inc. – Counsel to the Chapter 7 trustee of a reverse mortgage lender.
- Reichhold Holdings, Inc. – Counsel to the creditors’ committee.
- Solyndra, LLC – Counsel to the liquidating trustee of a former solar panel manufacturer.
- Cenveo Corporation – Counsel to a secured lender, including negotiating an assumption of the debt by the reorganized debtors.
- Sona Precision Forge – Counsel to the senior secured lender in a free fall Chapter 7; negotiated with the trustee on a consensual sale process that resulted in full repayment of the lender.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Delaware Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- Delaware State Bar Association
- Serves as a volunteer assisting senior citizens and others in preparing wills, advance directives, and other advanced planning documents.
Articles and Presentations
- New York Bankruptcy Courts Grapple with Territorial Limits of U.S. Bankruptcy Code, Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law (June 2018)
- Concurrent Plenary Insolvency Proceedings, Mainbrace (March 2017)