Bruce is Of Counsel in Archer’s Business Litigation Practice Group in the firm’s Princeton, Hackensack, and New York offices. Bruce handles all areas of general commercial civil litigation, including business disputes, contract disputes, construction law, business torts, breach of warranty, insurance law, election law, antitrust law, labor and employment, and white collar defense. Bruce has extensive experience in all areas of complex litigation, including motions practice, oral argument, e-discovery, depositions, trial practice, and appeals. Bruce represents clients in litigation matters in state and federal courts in New Jersey, New York, and Florida, and has arbitrated before the AAA and JAMS arbitrators. Bruce also assists clients in the drafting and review of film industry contracts.
Bruce obtained his J.D. from Cornell Law School. During law school, Bruce interned for the Honorable Stephen S. Mitchell with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Alexandria, Virginia. Bruce earned his B.A. in History from Colgate University, magna cum laude, with a minor in Asian Studies.
- Successfully prosecuted a novel antitrust claim on behalf of a client against the leading manufacturer of restaurant POS systems.
- Obtained dismissal of a complaint seeking over $1 million in damages on summary judgment, as well as a large recovery on clients’ counterclaims in a civil litigation arising out of a business dispute.
- As appellate counsel, successfully obtained vacatur of a multi-million dollar jury verdict against a client, and a new trial, arising from a New Jersey Tort Claims Act case.
- Won an arbitration verdict on behalf of a renewable energy developer based on breach of contract and violations of the National Electric Code 2008.
- Obtained an $11 million verdict in federal court against municipal county on behalf of a renewable energy developer in a breach of contract action.
- Won summary judgment and dismissal of a Trafficking Victims Protection Act case, which was subsequently affirmed by the Second Circuit on appeal.
Professional and Community Involvement
- President of the Board, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Mercer County (2020-2022)