Brian McGovern is a member of Archer’s Business Counseling Group specializing in corporate law, providing representation to both for-profit and non-profit entities and their principals in a variety of matters. Brian’s practice includes entity formation and dissolution, asset and stock transactions, mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, joint ventures, corporate governance, financing, non-profit and charitable trust tax exemption, licensing, and public contracting.
Brian provides advice to clients in both traditional and emerging industries. He is an active member of Archer’s multidisciplinary Cannabis Group, where he lends his corporate and regulatory experience to advise businesses of all sizes on the various rules and regulations involved in this new, and constantly evolving industry. In the short time that this industry has existed, Brian has worked with a wide variety of clients, including medical cannabis entities, in successfully obtaining state licenses, CBD retailers, and cannabis and hemp laboratory testing operations.
Brian received his J.D. from Rutgers School of Law – Camden, where he was a Fellow at the Eagleton Institute of Politics and Government.
- Successfully advised international healthcare client on a $1 billion reorganization, where client converted from for-profit to non-profit with improved access top financial markets for expansions and acquisition.
- Pioneered sale of a cannabis alternative treatment center, the first transaction of its kind in New Jersey.
- Successfully navigated multiple clients through the evolving and complex public processes to obtain New Jersey cannabis and hemp permits.
- Guided multiple clients through Paycheck Protection Program compliance, specific to selling their businesses.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Municipal Chairman of Voorhees Township for the Camden County Republican Committee
- Camden County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division CLE Committee