Brian is a seasoned and successful litigator who represents clients in a number of industries across the United States and Asia. Brian’s practice focuses on complex commercial trials and appeals, arbitrations, and government investigations. Brian has extensive experience in bankruptcy-related litigation, general liability, shareholder disputes, cross-border transactions and disputes, intellectual property disputes, trade secret disputes, labor and employment, commercial liability disputes, and data privacy and cybersecurity matters.
Brian handles management of complex, commercial, data breach, employment, IP, and general liability litigation in federal and state courts, as well as before regulatory agencies, managing every stage of a case and anticipating his clients’ needs along the way.
Brian has also assisted numerous clients in the drafting, reviewing, and negotiating of a wide variety of transaction documents, including arbitration agreements, commercial contracts and leases, confidentiality agreements, data breaches, employment agreements and handbooks, IP and licensing agreements, master service and supplier agreements, shareholder agreements, stock transfers and purchases, and terms of service.
In addition, Brian readily advises clients on commercial and contract transactions and disputes, including matters pertaining to the CISG and New York Convention, risk management, intellectual property, labor and employment and data privacy and cybersecurity issues.
Before his law career, Brian was an E-commerce product manager at Fiserv Securities in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in which he contributed to the development of some of the first securities trading websites in the U.S. Brian began his career in New York working at Martin, Ganotis, Brown, Mould & Currie, P.C., in which he represented a multitude of clients and insurance companies in general liability, regulatory, and malpractice issues.
Prior to joining Archer, Brian was a partner at different law firms in Houston, TX, including Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP, focusing on China, intellectual property, labor and employment, and complex litigation practices.
Brian served as a judicial legal intern for the Honorable Linda Feinberg, Assignment Judge, Superior Court, Mercer Vicinage, Trenton, NJ.
Brian’s had his Law Review note on DNA Patents published in the Syracuse Science and Technology Law Reporter Spring 2005 Edition.
- Lead Counsel for TB Food USA LLC in winning a multimillion-dollar federal jury verdict and judgment in a complex cross-border trade secrets misappropriation case in the Middle District of Florida.
- Co-Counsel for Hefei Ziking Steel Pipe Co., Ltd. in winning a multimillion-dollar federal court judgment involving contracts governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for International Sales of Goods (CISG) in the Southern District Court of Texas.
- Lead Counsel for a major Chinese manufacturer of air conditioner parts in defending product liability claims brought by Goodman (owned by Daikin Industries, Ltd.) in the Southern District of Texas. Case was settled to client’s satisfaction.
- Co-Lead Counsel for Chinese petitioning creditors in multiple involuntary bankruptcy petition proceedings in the Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Texas. Cases involving tens of millions of dollars.
- Lead Counsel in the defense of various health care providers and insurance companies in which Brian obtained numerous jury verdicts throughout New York State which were all successful.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation
Articles and Presentations
- Co-Author, “Noncompete Enforceability in the World of Remote Work“, Law360 (September 2022)
- Presenter, Employer’s Guide to Reopening the Economy, Mandarin Executive Program-Via Zoom, Asian Chamber of Commerce, Houston, TX (March 2021)
- Presenter, Cyber and Data Security: Current Trends and Risk Mitigation Strategies-Via Zoom, China General Chamber of Commerce – USA, Houston, TX (December 2020)
- Presenter, Employment Basics and Updates, Mandarin Executive Program, Asian Chamber of Commerce, Houston, TX (October 2019)
- Presenter, Wages & Labor Law, Mandarin Executive Program, Asian Chamber of Commerce, Houston, TX (September 2018)
- Presenter, Overview of Legal Landscape re: Bitcoin, Bitcoin Miners from China, Houston, TX (September 2021)
- Presenter, Cyber and Data Security: Current Trends and Risk Mitigation Strategies, Sinopec-Via Zoom, Houston, TX (February 2021)