Ashley M. LeBrun is an associate working with the firm’s labor and employment, commercial litigation, and trade secrets groups. She regularly counsels employers and represents them in litigation. In counseling employers, Ashley drafts and revises employee handbooks and policies, advises employers on how to handle requests for leave and reasonable accommodations, investigates employee claims, and guides employers on terminations and on FLSA overtime issues and exemptions. Counseling also includes drafting and negotiating severances as well as restrictive covenants, such as non-competition, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements.
As a litigator, Ashley has defended employers facing claims for violating the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD), the New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA), the New Jersey Family Leave Act (NJFLA), the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act (PHRA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act. Ashley’s representation of employers not only includes defense, but also includes pursuing rights of employers whose former employees have violated restrictive covenants and other duties under the common law, such as the fiduciary duty of loyalty. Ashley is admitted to practice and has defended such claims in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. She also has defended claims filed in the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Philadelphia Commission on Human Relations.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Secretary – Princeton Bar Association
- Committee Member – Eagleton Alumni Committee – Eagleton Institute of Politics at Rutgers University
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association (NJWLA)
- Mercer County Bar Association (MCBA)
- New Jersey Bar Association (NJBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Sydney Reitman Employment Law American Inn of Court (2017 – Present)
Awards And Recognition
- Order of the Coif
- LeBrun, Ashley (2015) “Are We There Yet? – VAWA 2013: Same-Sex Legal Acceptance,” Seton Hall Legislative Journal: Vol. 39: Iss. 1, Article 5. Available here.
- LeBrun, Ashley (2017) “Asking How Much an Applicant was Previously Paid Could Actually Cost You“, Guest Column, CCSNJ
- LeBrun, Ashley (2019) “New Jersey Diane B. Allen Equal Pay Act Only Applies to Conduct Occurring on or after July 1, 2018”, Guest Column, CCSNJ
- LeBrun, Ashley (2019) “Jenny Craig Arbitration Didn’t Measure Up: What Does it Mean to Have the Minds Meet?”, New Jersey Labor & Employment Law Quarterly, NJSBA
- Employee Leaves of Absence in New Jersey under the FMLA/NJFLA and the ADA/NJLAD (November 2018)
- Philly I-Day Convention, “Impact of #MeToo on the Legal Obligations and Risk for Employers” (April 9th, 2019)