Ms. Kearney counsels clients on all aspects of the acquisition, disposition, development, financing and leasing of commercial real estate. Ms. Kearney represents both lenders and borrowers in acquisition loans and refinances involving commercial real estate collateral. Ms. Kearney also regularly represents landlords and tenants in the negotiation and documentation of real estate leases of office, warehouse, shopping center and retail space. Ms. Kearney also handles acquisitions and dispositions of real property, including in connection with traditional and reverse 1031 exchanges. Additionally, Ms. Kearney assists energy clients, including electric generation and natural gas pipeline companies, in connection with documentation of easements and rights-of-way for transmission lines and pipelines. Ms. Kearney also works closely with the firm’s corporate practice group to handle the real estate aspects of stock and asset purchase transactions, mergers and consolidations.
Ms. Kearney earned her J.D., magna cum laude, from Villanova University School of Law in 2003 and her B.S., magna cum laude, from Monmouth University in 2000.
- Represented a national apparel and home product retailer in the lease of 85,162 square feet in Center City Philadelphia.
- Represented a publishing company in a 61,000 square foot sublease in Manhattan.
- Represented an international language training institute in the preparation and negotiation of a long-term office lease for approximately 26,500 square feet in Manhattan.
- Represented a landlord in the negotiation of lease for 13,900 square feet of warehouse space in Burlington County, NJ.
- Represented local chapter of national nonprofit youth leadership development organization in sale of 405 acres of land in Cumberland County, NJ to New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection Green Acres for conservation purposes.
- Represented international manufacturer of heating equipment in the sale of a 49,000 square foot facility in Camden County, NJ, including obtaining ISRA clearance in connection with transaction.
- Represented national financial institution in connection with various acquisition and refinance loans secured by commercial real property, including medical urgent care centers, retail strip malls and office buildings located in various states including New Jersey, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Florida.
- Represented a large, national financial institution in the extension of a line of credit and first and second mortgage term loans to flower company in New Jersey.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Member, CREW Philadelphia
- Member, Philadelphia Bar Association
- Advisory Board Member, The Financial Wellness Institute
- Member, Pennsylvania Apartment Association East
- Subcommittee Member, Helping Hands Subcommittee of PAA East