Allen focuses his practice in the area of corporate law, including mergers and acquisitions; securities transactions and securities law; taxation (state, local and international); intellectual property; international business transactions, including import/export trade compliance and advice; and formation of special purposes entities, including Delaware, Nevada and off-shore entities. Among Allen’s clients are numerous large, multi-national corporations, as well as emerging, growth-oriented businesses. Allen works with his clients’ accountants and general counsel to develop and implement strategic corporate structures, alliances and transactions.
- Developed and implemented an “entity simplification” transaction for a $2 billion manufacturing multinational.
- Implemented off-shore tax planning techniques to realize substantial state tax savings for Georgia-based, international service company.
- Represented European industrial multinational company with respect to $173 million acquisition of U.S. business and structuring of U.S. operations.
- Export/Import compliance advice for companies doing business in Europe, Middle East and anti -boycott compliance, South America and Asia.
- Formation of joint venture structure for Chinese manufacturer.
- Formation of hedge funds and international trade intermediaries in Hong Kong, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Ireland and Switzerland.