Alexis represents governmental issuers and underwriters in all aspects of public finance, including compliance with all federal and state laws. With 15 years’ experience, she has served as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in connection with numerous financings completed by municipalities, counties, school districts, public agencies and authorities throughout New Jersey.
Alexis routinely advises clients on structuring, coordinating and implementing transactions relating to the issuance of tax-exempt/taxable debt, including: general obligation bonds or notes of counties, municipalities and school districts; general obligation and “subject to appropriation” lease financings; revenue bonds or project notes of water/sewer authorities and improvement authorities; health and university facility and other 501(c)(3) corporation bonds, and project financings for redevelopment projects. She negotiates and drafts all authorization proceedings and project, financing and closing documentation.
Clients enjoy working with Alexis. Always responsive and available to answer questions, she values open and frequent communication with her clients. Truly loving her area of law, Alexis is passionate about her clients’ goals and dedicated to achieving them. She knows all members of the team play an important role in a transaction’s success.
Alexis is a frequent lecturer on public finance matters and has recently presented for organizations such as the Ocean County Tax Collectors and Treasurers Association, the Gloucester County Clerks Association, the Government Officers Finance Association of New Jersey (GFOA), and various bar associations.
After receiving her law degree, Alexis served as law clerk to the Honorable John A. Sweeney, A.J.S.C. (Ret.), in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Burlington County, Civil Division.
Alexis and her family reside in Cape May County, where she is an active member of the community.
- Representation of public entities, issuers and underwriters in connection with all aspects of public finance, including compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Structure, coordinate and implement transactions relating to the issuance of tax-exempt/taxable debt:
- General obligation bonds or notes of counties, municipalities and school districts
- General obligation and “subject to appropriation” lease financings
- Revenue bonds or project notes of water/sewer authorities, improvement authorities and other conduit financing public facilities, or publicly owned facilities
- Health and university facility and other 501(c)(3) corporation bonds
- Project financings for redevelopment projects
- Negotiate and draft all project, financing and closing documentation.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Vice President, Cape May County Bar Foundation
- Member, Avalon Board of Education
- Past-President, Cape May County Bar Association (2017-2018)