Alexis concentrates her practice in the area of public finance. Since 2008, Alexis has served as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in connection with numerous financings completed by municipalities, counties, school districts, public agencies and authorities throughout New Jersey. She is a frequent lecturer on public finance matters, having presented to organizations such as the Ocean County Tax Collectors and Treasurers Association, the Gloucester County Clerks Association and various bar associations.
After receiving her law degree from Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law, Alexis served as law clerk to the Honorable John A. Sweeney, A.J.S.C. (Ret.), in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Burlington County, Civil Division.
Alexis and her family reside in Cape May County, where she is an active member of the community.
- Representation of public entities, issuers and underwriters in connection with all aspects of public finance, including compliance with all federal and state laws
- Structure, coordinate and implement transactions relating to the issuance of tax-exempt/taxable debt:
- General obligation bonds or notes of counties, municipalities and school districts
- General obligation and “subject to appropriation” lease financings
- Revenue bonds or project notes of water/sewer authorities, improvement authorities and other conduit financing public facilities, or publicly owned facilities
- Health and university facility and other 501(c)(3) corporation bonds
- Project financings for redevelopment projects
- Negotiate and draft all project, financing and closing documentation
Professional and Community
- Vice President, Cape May County Bar Foundation
- Member, Avalon Board of Education
- Past-President, Cape May County Bar Association (2017-2018)