Sumana L. Murthy is an associate in the firm’s Business Counseling Practice Group. Sumana is involved in various corporate, real estate, and lending transactions, as well as matters advising small and mid-size companies on corporate, contract, and employment issues. Further, she represents parties involved in asset and stock purchases and sales, real estate, land use, and financing transactions.
Sumana has worked on large scale transactional matters, including the:
- $21 Million sale of multiple commercial real estate parcels by an out of state corporation
- $8 Million sale of environmentally encumbered and deed restricted land
- $1 Million sale of a commercial condominium
- $8 Million stock sale involving a franchise
- $25 Million financing transaction involving several apartment buildings across multiple states
- $10 Million financing transaction with international parties and internationally located collateral
- $2 Million sale of multiple franchises
- Various asset and stock purchases and sales, commercial and residential real estate transactions, and loan financing transactions on behalf of borrowers and lenders
- Sumana was a past Chair of the Wesleyan University Asian Pacific American Alumni Council.
- She is actively involved with the South Asian Bar Association of New Jersey, the Women Lawyers In Bergen, and is a member of the Hudson-Bergen Inn of Transactional Counsel.