Josiah focuses his practice in the area of commercial litigation in New Jersey and New York state and federal courts. He handles a variety of matters including contract disputes, consumer fraud claims, franchise litigation, shareholder and partnership disputes, construction litigation, and appellate practice.
Josiah received his law degree from Regent University School of Law where he served as senior editor and member of the Editorial Board of the Regent Law Review. Josiah graduated in the top quarter of his class, won best brief in Regent’s moot court competition, and wrote a law review article that was selected for publication.
Josiah is an active member of the Bergen County Bar Association and the Meadowlands Regional Chamber of Commerce, and is further cultivating his litigation skills as a member and pupil of The Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court. When not practicing law, Josiah is with his wife and four young children.
- Represented a furniture store franchise in defense of a bedbug claim and won dismissal of the claim after a bench trial.
- Represented a large New Jersey company in a breach of contract dispute involving the $14,000,000 sale of a franchise and property.
- Represented multiple dealers against a variety of consumer fraud claims.
- Represented a technology company in a $25,000 contract dispute with a contractor.
- Represented an automotive company in a franchise dispute against another franchisee and the franchisor.
- Represented a niche franchise against the protest of another franchisee.
Professional And Community Involvement
- New Jersey State Bar Association, member
- New Jersey Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division, member
- Association of the Federal Bar, member
- Bergen County Bar Association, member
- The Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court, pupil
- Legal Writing Institute, member
Awards And Recognition
- Named as one of the Rising Stars in New Jersey’s Top Attorneys Listing (New Jersey Monthly – Super Lawyers), 2017.
- Won “Best Brief” at the 2011 Regent Cup Moot Court Competition.
- Note, Playing by The Rules: FRCP 55(a) and The Circuit Split Regarding Its Meaning, 25 Regent U. L. Rev. 209 (2012).
- Demystifying the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, MEADOWLANDS USA, Jan. 2016, at 38