Mr. Darling, a Partner at Archer, specializes in the preparation of Wills & Trusts and related documents, including “buy-sell” agreements, with respect to family businesses. He handles estate administrations, including the preparation of state and federal death tax returns, and also conducts lifetime planning, including the making of routine and non-routine gifts, as well as the preparation of the federal gift tax returns disclosing such gifts. Mr. Darling also assists estate and trust litigators in evaluating transfer tax issues presented in the litigation matters. His experience includes sophisticated estate planning and administration for substantial net worth individuals as well as some of the area’s most successful farmers and agricultural businesspeople.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Board Member and General Counsel to Urban Promise.
- Elder, First Presbyterian Church of Moorestown.
- Member, TCNJ Wrestling Steering Committee.
- Former Chair of the First Presbyterian Church of Moorestown’s Stewardship Committee and former Assistant Treasurer.
- Former Board Member of the Tuckerton Seaport Maritime Museum, an organization devoted to preserving the traditions of Barnegat Bay.
- Founding Board Member of Friends of MEND, an organization devoted to raising funds for “MEND,” a leading provider of housing for low-income individuals and families in Burlington County, NJ.
- Former President of the Moorestown High School Wrestling Club.
- Former Board Member of the South Jersey Musical Society.
Awards And Recognition
- New Jersey Super Lawyers (2006-2012).
- “Best Lawyers in America” (Trusts and Estates, 2012, 2013, 2014).