Drew specializes in family law representation for clients including the areas of divorce, alimony, child support, custody and parenting time and equitable distribution. Drew also provides representation in matters of domestic violence, including temporary and final restraining orders as well as civil restraints. Additionally, he has experience in handling adoptions. In addition to appearing before the Family Court, Drew has also represented clients in numerous municipal courts and has appeared before the Appellate Division.
Drew is well-versed in various matters before the Family Court, including temporary motions for support and parenting time, relocation and enforcement applications. Drew also has experience with business valuations for equitable distribution. He also counsels clients in Family Court on issues of custody and support where the parties are not married. Additionally, he is knowledgeable in many types of post-judgment and modification applications on a variety of issues such as emancipation of children and modification of support related obligations.
Drew handles divorce and custody trials but also strongly focuses on working with clients to resolve all disputes in various forums, including direct settlement negotiations, mediation and binding and non-binding arbitration.
Drew has been recognized as a “Super Lawyers” Rising Star in Family Law in 2009, 2010 and 2012.
Drew Burach clerked for the Hon. Vincent D. Segal, Presiding Judge, the Family Part for Atlantic and Cape May Counties (2004 – 2005).
Professional And Community Involvement
– New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member – Family Law Section
- Former member – Young Lawyers Division
- Past Co-Chair – Young Lawyers Educational Committee
– Camden County Bar Association member
– Burlington County Bar Association member
– Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s
– Multiple Pro Bono Representations
– Prior Service as Staff Attorney to Family Law Sub – Committees
– Prior Speaker, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education
– Former Rutgers – Camden School of Law; Adjunct Professor: Family Law Motion Practice
– Served as staff attorney for New Jersey Supreme Court sub-committee and provided research and reporting on national matrimonial financial disclosure forms for purposes of last series of amendments to Family Part Case Information Statement
PARTICIPATION WITHIN THE COMMUNITY
– Temple Beth Sholom – Men’s Club; multiple year executive board member
– Former board member – multiple committees, Temple Beth Sholom
– Nominated for and attended the President’s Leadership Institute; 2015 – 2016; year – long leadership training program led by local community leaders through Temple Beth Sholom
– Past Participant, “Cook for a Friend” program, providing once monthly volunteer opportunity to prepare nutritional meals for less fortunate or elder members of the community
– Alzheimer’s Association Memory Walk, member of “Team Brownies” for approximately the past ten (10) years
– Cherry Hill Soccer Club, Coach
Awards And Recognition
– Super Lawyers – Rising Stars
- 2009, 2010, 2012, 2016
– Kalegethos Society, Inter-Fraternity Council Top Ten Graduating Senior, University of Maryland, 2001
– Order of Omega Honor and Leadership Society, University of Maryland, 2000
Articles and Presentations
– NJICLE Family Law “Hot Tips” Seminar – Presenter – 2016
– Co–drafted New Jersey Supreme Court approved “Dispute Resolution Alternatives” literature provided to all matrimonial litigants throughout the state of New Jersey
– Matrimonial Early Settlement Panelist in Camden, Burlington and Gloucester counties
– Archer & Greiner Continuing Legal Education approved seminars: Presenter for three (3) separate seminars on ethics – 2014
– Speaker, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education; Statewide Family Law Clerk Boot Camp, 2005