David Weinstein has a diverse corporate practice, with a concentration in public and project financing, as well as, alternative energy development and financing. Mr. Weinstein has served as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, trustees counsel and bank counsel for various public financing transaction including financings for educational facilities, local school districts, municipalities and public authorities. In addition, Mr. Weinstein has developed as expertise in alternative energy development and financing, assisting clients in developing and structuring alternative energy projects. Mr. Weinstein has experience drafting and negotiating disclosure documents, power purchase agreements, supply contracts, indentures, letters of credit and related transactional documents.
- Represented leverage lender in various New Market Tax Credit projects. Drafting leverage loan documents and providing advice regarding NMTC compliance.
- Represented trust in making mezzanine loans for real estate development. Draft and negotiate mezzanine financing documents and operating documents and inter-creditor agreements with senior debt provider.
- Represented tax-credit investor for Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) investment. Draft and negotiate partnership agreements and related documentation. Provide structuring and business advice to investor.
- Represented a State Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency as bond counsel in the issuance of a$71,375,000 of Multi-Family Revenue Bonds, to finance various multi-family housing projects
- Acted as bond counsel to State Parking Authority with respect to the refunding of the Authority’s $131,050,000 airport parking facilities revenue bonds
- Acted as Underwriter’s Counsel in the issuance of $22,780,000 in Solid Waste System Revenue Bonds issued to finance cost of constructing three new landfill cells and various capital improvements and renovations to existing buildings at the complex
- Acted as bond counsel for State Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency in the issuance of $120,000,000 Single Family Housing Revenue Bonds, issued to provide for the purchase of single family housing loans made by the Housing Agency
- Served as Underwriter’s Counsel in the issuance of $57,500,000 Revenue Bonds, issued to finance various capital projects for higher education facility
- Represented multinational corporation for permitting, land use approvals, tax issues, Power Purchase Agreement, Solar Land Lease, and other contracts for 14.1 megawatt, state-of-the-art, ground-mounted solar array on campus of corporate headquarters, the largest privately-owned, net-metered solar project in the Western Hemisphere
- Negotiated and drafted Power Purchase Agreements on behalf of two prominent New Jersey churches, both 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, granting licenses to power companies to install solar panel arrays on church rooftops for the production and sale of electricity. The firm also provided tax advice to the churches
- Representation of a financing institution that specializes in solar installations for 501(c)(3) organizations. The firm provides advice on transactional structure to permit nonprofits to receive federal grants and advises the client on Solar Renewable Energy Certificates. The firm also negotiates and drafts Power Purchase Agreements, Easement/License Agreements and Operating Agreements
Professional And Community Involvement
- Moorestown Township Board of Education
- Burlington County Democratic Committee
- Development Committee for Samaritan Hospice
- Board of Trustees for the Moorestown Theater Company
- Vice President Board of Trustees for the Burlington County Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Moorestown Township Economic Development Advisory Committee
- Moorestown Township Democratic Committee Chairman
- Coach for various youth sports teams in Moorestown Township including Softball, Baseball and Soccer
Awards And Recognition
- Rising Star 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Named a “Top Attorney” by SJ Magazine (Public Finance, 2014)